Needlepoint Terminator Quote


I like cheesy movies. Especially excellent cheesy movies like The Terminator.


I wanted to start my first needlepoint and knew I wanted to do a quote. The full quote from the movie is "There's no fate but what we make for ourselves". Pretty good right? I really like the style of the over-dramatic block letters. Carolyn Ambuter's Complete Book of Needlepoint is what I used for my inspiration. Here are a few of her letters from this book.


The basic format I follow for every letter was the sets of eight blank squares in between the three-set outline. Also, I did a shadow using two squares to the diagonal-right-down square. Here is an example:


Filling in your letter is the best part! I used all kinds of designs: holidays, flags, patterns, etc. Must warn you, it takes a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...