Color Me Summer Necklace


Love the look of a candy necklace but you eat it up before you get a chance to wear it!? Don't worry I have the same issue, too. This is super easy to make! All you need is modeling clay, thread, and a chain of your choice.

Step 1: Pick out your materials. I was going for a summer feel/candy colors. It doesn't particularly matter what clay you will use because you'll be covering it up with thread.


Step 2: Using clay, break off a section and start rolling balls of clay in the palms of your hands to form spheres. Next, using a large clay needle, make a hole in the center. You can chose the desired width. Do this until you run out of clay; I made 14 large beads. Once you are done bake at 230 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.


Step 3: Using DMC thread and baker's twine, I thread a large needle and used two pieces of thread. (Even if it's the same color.) Use a dab of hot glue to start with and continue wrap the thread from the hole to the outside until you've covered the whole bead. The clay needles are also helpful with stretching out the bead's center so that you can easily fit them on your chain.


Step 4: I wanted my chain to be a lot shorter, so I separated the chain and cut about three inches off and then reattached it.


Decide on the length that you prefer. I wanted it to be much shorter.


And there you have it! Your very own Candy Necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...